Sunday, 26 September 2010

In My Mailbox - No.3

Hi there,
Welcome to my third In My Mailbox.  This meme was started by Kristi at the Story Siren, and you can visit her wonderful blog here

The summaries are my own and inspired by reviews and the synopses of the books. 

I treated myself to four new books this week - but can't keep up with them all.  Here's what I got:

Bought:
City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass (hardcovers)     
Whilst I have the paperbacks of these – I couldn’t resist the hardback copies in a nice set (see picture), because I love these books.  

Gosh, I loved City of Bones and I'm already on City of Ashes.  

Clary Fray's life is relatively normal, until she starts seeing things..a boy being murdered in front of her and then disappearing..by the hand of three strangely beautiful people..who no-one else can see; and one of those people happens to be Jace, who looks like an angel, but certainly doesn't act like one.  Clary is instantly intrigued. 
Soon enough she is whisked into a world of demons, vampires and other downworlders and learns about the Shadowhunters, whose connection to her family's past is more than just coincidence..

Raised by Wolves
This looks really interesting.  I love wolves at the moment.  This book is about Bryn, a girl whose parents are murdered by werewolves and she is taken in by the pack.  Living as a human amongst the other wolves, she must abide by pack life.  That's when she meets Chase, a newly turned were and she is forced to choose between him and her allegiances to the pack...  

Splendour Falls

When Sylvie Davies breaks her leg, her career as a ballerina is over.  Her father is dead and her mother has remarried.  Sylvie is sent to live with relatives in a remote area, that's filled with her family's own history.  She meets two boys, one is complex and difficult to understand, and one is handsome and a regular golden boy.  When Sylvie starts seeing things, a girl by the lake and a man's eyes..things begin to unravel.  She's lost so much, and now her mind may be going too...

My Love Lies Bleeding

I was browsing on Amazon when I saw this book.  The reviews rave about it, so I'm giving it a go.

The Blake family are vampires.  Some of whom were born in the twelfth century.  Solange, one of the children, is the only female vampire born and so is perceived to be a threat to the vampire queen.  Best friends with a human, Lucy.  Solange is kidnapped and so Lucy and Solange's brother Nicholas must save her.  As Lucy and Nicholas grow closer, they realise their feelings for each other - but how do you date a vampire? 

That's my lot!  What did you get in your mailbox?  I'd love to hear from you!

Have a happy reading week!

Nat

4 comments:

  1. Fab books this week. Hope you enjoy all of them! My mailbox is here.

    Also you can link your Supernatural themed book reviews on this weeks Read My Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog through IMM, and I just had to stop and leave a comment telling you how wonderful your blog is. I love your content and this post is amazing! You're definitely in for some good reads this week.
    Oh, and I'm a follower for sure!
    Feel free to come by my blog if you want to see what I got this week.
    Best wishes,
    ●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬●

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trillian - thank you, looking forward to them all :) I'll definitely link my reviews in the future.

    Tina - thank you, that's so nice of you to say! I'll definitely stop by your blog :)

    ReplyDelete