Sunday, 12 September 2010

In My Mailbox - No.1

In My Mailbox: Week 1

This meme was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, whose blog you can visit here

 Here goes for my first post on this...

I bought all these books this week from Amazon.  Here's what I got:

Radiance (By Alyson Noel)
I loved Alyson’s immortals series and despite this book being aimed at a much younger audience, I’m intrigued to find out more about Riley’s story and the ‘after life’.  As Alyson’s writing is so great- I had to buy this.

Linger (By Maggie Stiefvater)
 This came on Monday, (you've got to love Amazon!)  The excitement I felt when this book came through the door was almost tangible!  I’ve already started reading more of Maggie’s lovely writing and can’t wait to see how things turn out for Sam and Grace in the second book.  I’ve heard great things about the book, but of course, I’m praying for a happy ending, I hope they get it! 

Ballad (Maggie Stiefvater)
I’m a bit of a Maggie freak at the moment, I love her writing.  Bought this as I've just started reading Lament, so I’m really looking forward to another story – hopefully as enjoyable as Grace and Sam’s.  

I Heart You, You Haunt me (Lisa Shroeder) 
I just read this one - it tore me apart (metaphorically speaking!).  Tear jerking, emotional thrill ride of a girl's loss and grief after her boyfriend's death.  

I tried to upload the pictures I took of my books but it wouldn't work for some reason!

What did everyone else get?  I'd love to hear from you!
  
Happy reading!






-Nat

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Ballad by Maggie so I hope you like it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool week - hope you enjoy them all! :) And a new UK blogger... yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :) I'm really looking forward to Ballad. I can't believe I didn't discover blogging sooner - it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2nd follower! :) I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do! It's a real delight to be able to visit other blogs. IMM is my favourite meme, and only now did I get to go through all the Mr. Linky list. I'm a junkie.

    I received a copy of Shiver (won) in the mail this week-- UK cover too. It looks great, and I'm excited to read this. I'm going to read it when I receive my ARC of Linger, which is sitting in the US with my friend for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cass. Thank you :) I know what you mean, blogging's addictive! That's fantastic - let me know what you think of it when you read it! I love Maggie's books, can't wait for her third!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linger and I Heart You... are both really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete