Sunday, 24 October 2010

In My Mailbox - No.7

Hello there!  Before I start, I'd like to thank Kristi at the Story Siren for hosting.  You can visit her blog right here!

This week, I finally joined my local library (instead of just going to look!) and I’m trying to cut down on books so I can catch up with all the ones I own and still need to read!  Waterstone’s are being evil this week and doing a buy one get one free on supernaturally themed YA books in celebration of Halloween – I was so, so tempted!  Enough rambling from me, here’s what I got:

Bella Should Have Dumped Edward- By Michelle Pan
I enjoyed Twilight and its sequels so I wasn’t the first to jump at buying this book (being a Team Edward fan, too).  However, I read a blog review and an Amazon review and thought I’d like to read it.  It’s basically a collection of perspectives on the Twilight books – with one of the questions querying whether Bella and Edward should really have ended up together.  This piqued my interest after reading these reviews, so it should be worth a read.  

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Synopsis:  She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But . . . They are brother and sister. Forbidden will take you on an extraordinary emotional journey. Passionate and shocking, this is a book you will remember long after you have put it down.

This book has a highly controversial storyline and is markedly not recommended for younger readers.  I’m really interested to see what happens in this book and how the characters deal with the feelings they are experiencing. 
 
That was my lot for this week!  What did everybody else get?  Hope you enjoy your reading!

Nat 

4 comments:

  1. Great books! Forbidden- whoa interesting summary, definitely sounds controversial. I wonder what that book is like. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm a new follower too! :) Check out My Mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week..gonna have to look into the Bella one its probably something I will enjoy lol. Mine is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forbidden is incredible. I really hope you love it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all - really looking forward to them! Will be sure to check out your mailboxes - thanks for following me too :)

    ReplyDelete