Sunday, 3 October 2010

In My Mailbox - No.4


Welcome to my fourth IMM post.  This meme was started by Kristi of the Story Siren, and you can visit her blog here.

This week was a grinning week.  Namely because of an anticipated new release (see below), but also because October starts the beginning of a rush of eagerly awaited new releases until the New Year.   This week was slow in terms of books.  However, any books I would have received would have been trounced by a little book called Torment (grins*) by Lauren Kate.  After a very long Friday, I arrived home to find an Amazon package containing this book - which was a very welcome surprise!

So here’s the lowdown on my mailbox this week:

Torment by Lauren Kate (isn't the cover just awesome?!)

I love, love, love Lauren’s writing and characters.  And with the suspense she left us in with Fallen – I am desperate to know Luce and Daniel’s previous life stories.  I’m sure to be reviewing this as soon as I’ve peeled it from my eyes and mind.  So anxious am I to find out how Luce and Daniel will get on..and discover some of the secrets of their past.  I read a snippet from Torment that was released at the back of a newer edition of Fallen -  depicting a scene between Cam and Daniel and I was even more intrigued.  Check out the synopsis for the book below.
Synopsis: In "Torment", fallen angel Daniel and his mortal love Lucinda think they are safe but evil forces are massing against them. As Luce learns more about her past, and discovers that the lives she's already lived hold the key to her future happiness; she starts to wonder if Daniel has told her the whole truth. What if his version of events isn't the way things happened? What if that means that she's really meant to be with someone else? (Amazon.co.uk and book summary)

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires) by Rachel Caine 

I haven’t forgotten my love for all things vampire in the light of my recent werewolf flurry – and Amazon reviewers give this top marks, so I’m giving it a go!  

Synopsis: College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks in the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they come out fighting when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood... (Amazon.co.uk)

Forget You by Jennifer Echols 

This month seems to be the one I go for the all-consuming romances and turmoils of young love (with or without the supernatural element) and this book marks no exception.  It looks rather angsty and the reviews are positive!



Whilst this week was sparse in terms of books, getting Torment was like receiving a hundred books all in one go – that much anticipation!  Enough rambling from me, I’d love to hear what you got in your mailbox?  I’m always happy to receive comments and feedback.

Happy reading everyone!

Nat 



11 comments:

  1. Glass Houses is amazing and I'm pretty excited about Torment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked Glass Houses - Torment is amazing already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I def really want to read Forget You! Yay for Jennifer Echols. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to get Torment. I'm looking forward to it!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. April - I haven't read any of Jennifer's books before but can't wait to read this!

    Thanks Alison :) - hope you enjoy Torment when you get it. I'll be sure to check out your blog.

    And thanks to everyone who visited my blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Torment! I really need to buy it! I really hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Thanks for checking out my IMM :)

    I'm a new follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Torment is really awesome and I liked it. Happy reading

    You might want to check out my IMM here

    And I'm a new follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy Reading. Check out what was In My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone :) hope your enjoy all your books too.

    Claire - you won't regret buying Torment!

    Fiction Spark - glad you liked Torment too.

    I'll be sure to check out everyone else's mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete