Sunday, 17 October 2010

In My Mailbox - No.6

Hi and welcome to my sixth IMM post.  IMM is a great way to share books and was started by Kristi of the Story Siren, and you can visit her here.

This week: Another eagerly anticipated release!  Having the weekend off work was perfect for me to cram read my new books.  Here’s what was in my mailbox this week:

Bought:

Finding Sky by Joss Stirling
I quite liked the idea of a British heroine as a voice for a YA book – and this story seems interesting.  Whilst it doesn’t sound entirely dissimilar from other YA books out there – the cover’s gorgeous, it’s got ace reviews and the synopsis sounds great.  

Here’s the story: You have half our gifts, I have the other . . . When English girl Sky, catches a glimpse of bad boy Zed in her new American high school, she can't get him out of her head. He talks to her with his thoughts. He reads her mind. He is the boy she will love for ever. Dark shadows stalk her past but a new evil threatens her future. Sky must face the dark even if it means losing her heart.

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Well, the wait is finally over for the eagerly awaited sequel to Becca’s fantastic first book, Hush, Hush.  There are so many unanswered questions looming in the air, not to mention I’ve missed Patch – and all his bad-boy charm.  Let’s hope this lives up to its predecessor!   

Synopsis: Nora should know better than to think her life can return to normal after falling in love with a fallen angel. And Nora's life isn't normal - her dad was murdered, and the facts about his death just don't add up. Now Nora's own life is in imminent danger. Are she and Patch strong enough for the battle ahead?

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
After reading Jennifer’s other romance novel, Forget You, I am in awe of yet another writer.  This one looks equally as good and I can’t wait to start it!

Synopsis:  Going Too Far is the story of Meg, a high school rebel.  Often found on the wrong side of the tracks, and this time, the law, Meg is sentenced to spend her Spring Break with a police officer, John, who is her complete opposite.  Where John seeks solace in law and order, Meg enjoys being the rebellious, different girl.  But they're both about to realise they have more in common than they could have ever imagined...

The synopses are from the book covers/backs.

What did everyone else get?  I love hearing from you and reading your comments.
Happy reading!
Nat


3 comments:

  1. Going Too Far is amazing. I read it in a matter of hours. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Finding Sky..need to add that oe to my list :) Great post! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic - thanks, Sophie!

    Nikki - it looks like a really interesting read, definite one to check out!

    ReplyDelete