Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Becca Fitzpatrick: Event Report



Becca Fitzpatrick & Crescendo!

So here goes – my first post on my first signing!  On a very, very rainy Tuesday I went up to Manchester for  the author of Hush, Hush and Crescendo, Becca Fitzpatrick's book signing and talk.
 
This won’t come as a surprise – but Becca is absolutely lovely!  She opened the talk by asking us what time the Vampire Diaries was on that evening :D    Becca also talked about tips for aspiring writers, how she came to be a writer and shared some information about the cover (how the cover was originally meant to be the other way up –  with Patch falling face down) as well as how she came to name the books.

Most interestingly for me – she admitted that Patch can be mystery to her too, when asked if she would write a story from his point of view!  She also explained her inspirations for the characters in her books, including a mysterious guy  from school as part of her inspiration for Patch.  She went on to regale us with tales of her life in high school, experiences that have influenced her writing and her younger career aspirations of being a spy! 

I am very anxious to finish Crescendo now and regretting taking my time to finish it – so I’m sure my review will be written in no time!

I was very nervous about meeting Becca – but she was really friendly and took the time to talk to us all individually, which was ace.  I also met some fellow fans and had a great chat about books.  All in all it was a wonderful night, despite the atrocious weather!  There are some more pictures below:
My signed copy of Crescendo


Hush, Hush!
Pictures with Beccca
Did anyone else see Becca on her UK visits?  Please feel free to leave comments below, I'd love to hear from you.

Nat



You can read my review of Becca's second novel Crescendo here.

 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! So glad you were able to go and meet Becca she really is one of the nicest people EVER!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, on both counts - she's great - I hope she visits the UK again :)

    ReplyDelete