Sunday, 7 November 2010

In My Mailbox - No.9

Hello!  This week marks my ninth week of In My Mailbox posts.  Before I start, I'd like to thank Kristi at The Story Siren for this great idea - and you can check out her blog here.

If you could only have one book in your mailbox this week, what would it be?  Well, this week was the book I wanted and the book I got (because its release date was earlier than expected!) - hello, hello..


Night Star by Alyson Noel

I adore, adore, adore Alyson’s writing; here's the synopsis (taken from the book sleeve):

Best friends make the worst enemies - they know all your secrets, your weaknesses and just how to hurt you most...

Haven knows something about Damen - something sordid about his past - and she's practically begging me to make her reveal it.  "I know you want to know, Ever.  And I can't say I blame you.  Damen's got secrets.  Big, juicy, dark and dirty secrets."  She stops just shy of me, her gaze taunting, gleaming, dangling her words before me like an apple before Eve - practically begging me to taste.  

I was so happy I got this book this week - I can kick start my reading challenge with a brand new read, and one of my favourite book series too!  The cover is the US version (I prefer the US covers for the Immortals books) and it's absolutely gorgeous!

On another happy note, I have a week's break from uni and will hopefully be able to start checking out some more blogs and becoming more active on blogging - there are so many great blogs out there.

What did everyone else get in their mailboxes this week?

Nat

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the cover is gorgeous! I have so many in my to be read pile though I haven't taken the time to see what these books are about. I hope you like it! Come check out my blog too if you have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a week's break from uni, too! Hopefully I'll be able to read a little more. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uniquely Moi - I'll definitely check your blog out, thanks for checking out mine too :)

    Sophie - I'm in Sheffield. Hope uni's going well :D

    ReplyDelete