Sunday, 12 December 2010

In My Mailbox - No.12

Hello, hello!  Welcome to my final In My Mailbox of 2010 (however, I will be posting the books I got the Christmas in post similar to IMM), but this is the final of the normal posts.  IMM was started by the Story Siren and you can visit her blog right here.

These past two weeks have been great, particularly in terms of new releases and once the snow subsided, my new books You Against Me and Entice came (IMM 11), which are both ace!  I stocked up this week and bought three new books too (all synopses are taken from the book covers/sleeves or Amazon.co.uk).

Stefan’s Diaries (Vol. 1 Origins)
Set during the Civil War, against a backdrop of grand estates, unimaginable riches, and deadly secrets, three teenagers in Mystic Falls, Virginia enter a torrid love triangle that will span eternity.
Brothers Stefan and Damon Salvatore are inseparable until they meet Katherine, a stunning, mysterious woman who turns their world upside down. Siblings turned rivals, the Salvatores compete for Katherine’s affection, only to discover that her sumptuous silk dresses and glittering gems hide a terrible secret: Katherine is a vampire. And she is intent on turning them into vampires so they can live together—forever.

Strangely, and though I’m a big fan of the TV programme, I haven’t read any of the Vampire Diaries books.  They, are, however deeply seated in my TBR pile and I have an inkling feeling they’ll be good.  I love Stefan and I bought this on a whim, I have heard some excellent things recently so this ought to be exciting.  The book chronicles Stefan’s time as a new vampire in the 1800s

I’d Tell You I Love You but then I’d have to kill you
Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses – but it’s really a school for spies. Cammie Morgan is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti). But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasn’t prepared her for is what to do when she falls for an ordinary boy who thinks she’s an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without his ever being the wiser, but can Cammie have a normal relationship with a boy who can never know the truth about her?


Being the sappy, romance driven reader that I am, I normally buy books on the premise of some form of romantic action, love triangle or otherwise themed book.  I’ve recently tried to branch out into more adventure driven novels but this book looks ace – and surprise, surprise, the abundant theme is love!

Mockingjay By Suzanne Collins
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge... The thrilling final instalment of this ground-breaking trilogy promises to be one of the most talked-about books of the year. 

 I’m still reading Catching Fire at the moment and loving it so far, so I bought this to have to hand as I’m sure I’ll love it.  More lovely Christmas reading and many of you, my fellow bloggers, have given this rave reviews.  I. Can’t. Wait! 

That was it for this week’s books and my final post of In My Mailbox 2010 (excluding Christmas books).

What did you get in this week’s mailbox?  

Happy reading! 

Nat

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, Mockingjay. I'm so jealous that you're reading these for the first time. It's amazing.

    I'd Tell You I Love You... is really sweet and fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I don't want this series to end! I completely agree with you, they're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy Reading. Wanna check out what I got this week In My Mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some good book I need to finish reading the hunger games books.

    ReplyDelete