Sunday, 3 June 2012

Quick ramble and update!

It's a long time since I last had a ramble.  I used to use this blog purely as a means for writing about the books I'd read and staying in touch with other book bloggers.  But since time is limited for blogging, I've since condensed the blog to include everything in my life which I love - namely books, music, films, family and friends, travelling and generally having fun!

I finish uni in November this year.  It's a weird time, as I feel like I've been there for ages and not very long at the same time.  It's strange to think this next year will bring a lot of change in terms of careers too.  It's almost Summer...and that means sunshine...or maybe not!  The last few weeks have been glorious, and here I am, sat at the laptop on the Jubilee Weekend, it's raining and cold outside.  So, that means blogging time!  Also time for a few updates...

Books!
I am the shameful reader :( I haven't read properly for a long time, nothing fictional anyway.  I have started the Morganville Vampires series, which I'm enjoying (I promise to actually write a review) and also started Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, which is thoroughly gripping.  I'm hoping to get a bit more reading done this weekend.  Anyone recommend any new YA books!?  I'm so behind on all the different series out there at the moment.

Travelling/holidays
Very exciting app on Facebook called Trip Advisor - you can pin all the countries and cities on it and pin places you want to go to and then share with friends!  Here's mine (painfully thin on the ground..need to get outside of Europe at some point!):
My Map

Summer Plans
 This summer I'm stewarding Beautiful Days Festival 2012 - the Levellers' festival in Devon.  Click the link video out for an insight into one of the most peaceful, beautiful festivals I've ever been to!

Hopefully off to Barcelona in August too - so summer plans are looking incredibly sweet.

Nat x

No comments:

Post a Comment